The Belleville Senators announced the hiring of Paul Boutilier as Assistant Coach today. Boutilier has spend the last three years as an assistant on the Saint John Sea Dogs bench, as well as spending time as the team’s Director of Defence Development & Analytics. He was also the Head Coach for Canada’s silver medal winning U-17 boys team in 2017.
The Sea Dogs connection is of note here - it means that he’s spent the last three years coaching Thomas Chabot. If Chabot doesn’t make the big club out of camp, the familiarity couldn’t hurt.
Prior to coaching, Boutilier played 208 in the AHL, 329 games in the NHL and won the Cup with the 1982-82 Islanders.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team