Ottawa Senators Training Camp Preview and Preseason Game 3 Preview: Oct. 1
The Sens take on the Habs in the first half of a back-to-back
Finally. A chance to be mean to the Habs again. It’s been too long.
- The Sens held a practice yesterday, as they recovered from their awful showing against the Leafs and started looking ahead to tonight’s game against the Habs. DJ Smith held a media availability, which you can watch on the Ottawa Senators YouTube channel:/
- Up until now, the Sens have been icing two teams, as they figure out what they have in all these prospects and decide who to keep around for opening night. That’s going to continue for tonight’s game and tomorrow’s. After that, though, they’re going to cut the group down to one team, so that the lineup we’ll see for the final few preseason games will be pretty close to the opening night lineup.
- This means that tonight and tomorrow’s games may be our last chance to see a lot of these youngsters in Senators gear, at least for a little while. After these two games, we’ll have a pretty good idea of who has made the roster and who hasn’t.
- We do have two injury updates: JBD sat out yesterday’s practice with an ankle injury, and Clark Bishop will be out for a considerable amount of time, also with an ankle injury.
- Shifting focus to tonight’s game, the Sens will once again be playing at the CTC, this time against the Montreal Canadiens. The game will start at 7PM ET, and you can watch it on TSN5.
- Matt Murray will be in net. This will be his first start of the preseason.
- The team has released the roster for tonight’s game. As usual, we don’t have lines yet./