The Senators entered the week on a two-game losing streak. They ended it on a five-game losing streak. Safe to say, it wasn’t a good week. Losses to the Wild, Blues, and Bruins served to further demoralize this team.
- Craig Anderson. He was the only thing working against the Blues. He made 38 saves on 40 shots, while his team could only manage 25 shots on goal the other way. Sure, it was only one game, but in a week in which his team was terrible in the midst of a season in which the goaltending was terrible, that earns you a first star nod.
- Mike Condon. Ottawa’s presumed backup also had a good week, stopping 71 of 77 for a .922. The problem with this season has been that the team isn’t scoring AND the goalies aren’t making saves. At least this week, only one of those was a problem.
- Chris DiDomenico? I had a hard time picking a third star. He had one assist, and looked better than half the Sens’ forwards. Good enough for me.
- Dion Phaneuf had two assists. Woo.
- Colin White and Thomas Chabot both managed to hold their own 5v5 in a week in which the Sens were generally destroyed.
- Erik Karlsson is a pirate:/
Now please just don’t leave us for Tampa.
- Mark Borowiecki came back and... the defence didn’t noticeably change either way. Maybe this is more of a “not trending up” than anything. #NoReegretts
- Really, everybody. This team was outgunned, outmanned, outnumbered, outplanned outscored, outshot, and outplayed all week. This whole team should be embarrassed./
Who to watch
Hopefully Mark Stone graces us with his presence. Otherwise, maybe look for King Karl to come back from the All-Star Game looking to play.