Well the Senators sure crapped the bed there, eh? Returning from their bye week, they faced a St. Louis Blues team on a second half of a back-to-back, and of course lost 4-1 in a game where the score probably flattered the Sens’ effort. They then followed that up by giving up a 3-1 lead to a Maple Leafs team on a four-game losing streak. If you’re on Team Tank, then at least the Sens are managing to fulfill your dreams.
- Mark Stone. He had two assists against the Leafs after looking like he was out with a knee injury. Hopefully he isn’t out long-term, so he can continue his MVP-worthy season. Not to save the Sens’ season, that’s far out of the question.
- Cody Ceci? He had points in each of the two games, and got more 5v5 time than Erik Karlsson on Saturday. Probably not deserved, but it’s a struggle to find stars this week.
- ... Bobby Ryan? He had two points, and didn’t break any fingers. Yay positives!
- Colin White hit a post, getting him one step closer to his first NHL goal
- Nobody else/
- Craig Anderson continues to drop his horrific save percentage, with an .879 against the Leafs to follow up a respectable .917 against the Blues
- I hoped Erik Karlsson would look more comfortable after his return from a week break. He didn’t, really.
- Gabriel Dumont experienced a lengthy benching after the first period against the Leafs.
- This team still isn’t practising because “injuries” and “Guy Boucher is out of answers”/
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team