The Ottawa Senators have reached an agreement on a 1 year, 1.2M dollar deal with Victor Mete. Mete had been a Restricted Free Agent, and had elected for arbitration.
In the press release accompanying the news, Pierre Dorion was quoted as saying:
“Victor was a really solid addition to our defence corps over the last month of the season last year. He’s mobile, poised and defensively aware. We’re looking forward to seeing his progression in our lineup in 2021-22.”
Mete was one of the season’s best surprises, as he performed admirably in his time with the Sens after being claimed off waivers from the Montreal Canadiens. Mete’s signing also means the Sens now have quite a crowded left side of the blue line with Michael Del Zotto, Nick Holden, Erik Brännström and the aforementioned Mete all angling for minutes behind Thomas Chabot. I’d place decent odds there’s a trade coming down the pipeline yet. Stay tuned.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team