In a bit of a surprise move today, the Ottawa Senators announced that they have signed 20 year old CJHL forward David Dziurzynski to a 3-year entry level contract. The 6'3", 205lb native of Lloydminister, Alberta put up 21 goals while adding 53 assists and 79 penalty minutes over 57 games with the Alberni Valley Bulldogs of the BCHL. You can see more stats here.
It's certainly a depth move, as the BCHL is not a high end junior league on the same level as the WHL, OHL, or QMJHL. However, it has produced a number of current NHLers, including Brendan Morrison, Scott Gomez, and Shawn Horcoff. It has also produced former Ottawa Senator Bill Muckalt and current Binghamton Senator head coach Don Nachbaur.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team