After adding Chris VandeVelde to the forward mix yesterday, Pierre Dorion has signed another forward to a PTO: Brendan Woods.
If you’re wondering who Woods is, you’re not alone. The 25 year-old was drafted 129th overall in 2012 at the age of 20 by the Carolina Hurricanes. The 6’4” left-winger has played in 195 AHL games notching 64 points, plus he has played in seven NHL games for the Hurricanes with zero points.
Woods played in only 24 games last season due to injury.
Considering that the most points he has ever scored in a season in any league is 30, he’ll be battling for a spot in Belleville, not Ottawa. But if he does somehow get a contract and plays a few games in Ottawa, it will be in a very limited role.
Although this PTO isn’t going to change very much, it’s always good to have competition and some added depth in the minors (if he signs, of course).
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team