So far in the 2018 NHL Draft, the Senators had picked college-bound players, and they didn’t change for their 4th-round pick. They chose LW Angus Crookshank of the BCHL’s Langley Rivermen, who’s committed to University of New Hampshire for 2018-19.
Crookshank scored 45 points in 42 games for the Rivermen last year, good enough for second on the team. He was the 2015-16 MVP of the CSSHL Prep Divison. He was pegged to go at 153 by Future Considerations, and 163 by ISS Hockey.
He’s listed at 5’11” and 181 lbs, which is a little bit smaller than I would’ve expected. That being said, he was listed at 5’10” at 170 lbs when UNH offered him a scholarship, so it’s quite possible he’s still growing taller, and he’s definitely still putting on muscle. That being said, he didn’t dominate the BCHL, and there still seemed to be a lot of good CHL talent yet. The Sens seem to have decided to go all-in on NCAA talent this draft, and it’ll be a few years until we can really evaluate how good Crookshank is.
And hey, at least he has one highlight goal:
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team