We had to wait until Day 2 of the NHL Draft for our first selection to be made, but it was worth the wait. The Senators have selected Andreas Englund from Stockholm, Sweden with the 40th overall pick.
The 6'3" 190 lbs defensive defenseman who currently plays for Djurgarden won't be putting up a ton of points for the Sens, but he'll definitely help keep the puck out of their net.
Last Word on Sports has the following to say about him:
The Senators have had great success drafting from Sweden, so I am very optimistic for Andreas Englund's future with the team.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team