The Ottawa Senators have recalled goaltender Marcus Hogberg from their AHL affiliate in Belleville, ahead of tonight’s home game against the Boston Bruins. He is expected to back up Anders Nilsson.
Craig Anderson did not skate this morning, and appears to suffered a slight lower-body injury against Columbus. It is not expected to be long-term.
Hogberg saw four games in Ottawa last season, posting a record of 0-2-1, being pulled in another. He finished with a 4.09 GAA, and a 0.884 SV%. Though he was strong in Belleville, he’s had a rockier start to this season. Hogberg’s current record in 14 games so far is 6-6-0. with a 3.21 GAA and 0.892 SV%.
For more info on lineups, and full coverage of tonight’s game, check out Owen’s game preview.
Puck drop is scheduled for 7pmET tonight at Canadian Tire Centre.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team