It was revealed on Monday that the Ottawa Senators had re-signed forward Tom Pyatt to a two-year, $1.1M-per-year contract:
Tom Pyatt agrees to terms with OTT on a two year deal with an AAV of $1.1M.— Bob McKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie) June 26, 2017
Pyatt played all 82 games, putting up 23 points (9 G, 14 A). He also played 14 out of Ottawa’s 19 playoff games, scoring two goals. After playing in Switzerland for the last two seasons, he was signed in part because of the Swiss ties in Ottawa’s coaching staff. Pyatt became one of Guy Boucher’s most trusted players, seeing time on the penalty kill and in a shutdown role.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team