The start of a new month means the end of the old one, and as such, it’s time to figure out the Senators player of the month! As in the past, any player who finished top-three in Rank the Performances in at least one game during the month is eligible for the list. Vote up the deserving players and vote down the undeserving to influence the list.
The Sens went 6-4-2 in January, maintaining their tenuous lead on 2nd-place in the Atlantic Division. Impressive wins over top-notch opponents like the Penguins, Capitals, Blue Jackets (?), and Oilers (???) were overshadowed later in the month by disappointing losses to the Flames and Panthers. A flu bug and Mike Condon’s inevitable fatigue also may have caught up to the team, so things may be looking up with Andrew Hammond and the rest of the team being healthy again.
Past Players of the Month
October - Craig Anderson
November - Craig Anderson
December - Mark Stone
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team