The Ottawa Senators will open the season at home on Thursday, October 5th, inviting the Washington Capitals to town. This comes as part of the NHL revealing every team’s home opener. Sometimes you can figure out a couple other Sens games based on playing in other teams’ home openers, but this year that isn’t happening. The only home opener Ottawa will participate in is its own.
The NHL season gets underway on Wednesday, October 4th, 2017, with the Maple Leafs visiting the Jets, the Flyers visiting the Sharks, and the Flames visiting the Oilers. The brand new Vegas Golden Knights will play Dallas on October 5th and Arizona on October 7th before finally opening their season at home on October 10th.
The rest of the regular season schedule should be revealed at 3 p.m. tomorrow, though the NHL has been late on every announcement so far this week.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team