With the rookie tournament wrapping up this past weekend, it’s onto the next event leading up to the hockey season as training camp opens tomorrow (September 14th). The Ottawa Senators have revealed their roster for this year’s edition, which will feature 57 players in total.
The full roster can be found at the bottom, but before that, here are a few notes:
- Of the rookie tournament invitees, both Pius Suter and Parker Kelly have been invited back. Kelly was also at the Sens development camp early in the summer, whereas Suter joined for the rookie tournament while missing his first couple games in the NLA. It looks like he’ll be missing a few more, or even an entire season if he gets a contract.
- This means that the rest of the invitees have been let go of their ATOs, with the most notable being Matteo Gennaro, who was an offensive standout during the rookie tournament.
- Both Erik Karlsson and Derick Brassard are on the roster, although they’ll both miss at least the start of camp with injuries.
- This has opened up a couple spots in the lineup, which should create some competition. Notable players who could be pushing for a roster spot include Christian Jaros, Ben Harpur, Andreas Englund, Colin White, Filip Chlapik and Chris DiDomenico.
- With six goalies under contract and only four spots to fill, it will surely be a contest to see who gets playing time. Andrew Hammond is listed as fully recovered, so it will be interesting to see where he lands.
- This will also give the organization a first look of some of the team’s offseason signings, including Johnny Oduya, Nate Thompson, and a handful of others for the Belleville squad.
- Chris VandeVelde, Charles-David Beaudoin and Brendan Woods will all be attending on PTOs./
Forwards: Drake Batherson, Mike Blunden, Derick Brassard, Logan Brown, Alex Burrows, Filip Chlapik, Chris DiDomenico, Vincent Dunn, Ryan Dzingel, Kyle Flanagan, Alex Formenton, Gabriel Gagne, Mike Hoffman, Parker Kelly, Clarke MacArthur, Max McCormick, Jean-Gabriel Pageau, Nick Paul, Francis Perron, Tom Pyatt, Tyler Randell, Max Reinhart, Jack Rodewald, Bobby Ryan, Ben Sexton, Zack Smith, Mark Stone, Pius Suter, Nate Thompson, Kyle Turris, Chris VandeVelde, Colin White, Brendan Woods
Defencemen: Charles-David Beaudoin, Mark Borowiecki, Erik Burgdoerfer, Cody Ceci, Thomas Chabot, Fredrik Claesson, Cody Donaghey, Andreas Englund, Macoy Erkamps, Ben Harpur, Christian Jaros, Erik Karlsson, Maxime Lajoie, Jordan Murray, Johnny Oduya, Dion Phaneuf, Patrick Sieloff, Chris Wideman
Goalies: Craig Anderson, Mike Condon, Chris Driedger, Andrew Hammond, Marcus Hogberg, Danny Taylor
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team