After a tough night against the Minnesota Wild, the Ottawa Senators announced the recall of Belleville forward Filip Chlapik this morning.
The 2015 48th overall pick had 91 points in 57 games in his final year in the QMJHL before transitioning to the AHL this season. For many prospects, the first year in professional hockey can be tough but Chlapik has faired well so far. The Czech Republic native has six goals and nine assists (15 points) in 27 games including three goals in his last five outings.
Chlapik has one assist which came in his only career NHL game to date.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team