After a good start with a 4-0 win over the Pittsburgh Penguins rookies on Saturday, the Ottawa Senators rookies are back at it Sunday afternoon with a game against their peers from the Chicago Blackhawks.
The Hawks rookie squad, who lost their tournament opener 4-2 to the Toronto Maple Leafs rookies, features the likes of Mark McNeill, Philip Danault, Dylan Olsen, and Brandon Saad. We'll see how they stack up against Ottawa's best prospects.
The Sens' win over Pittsburgh came in large part thanks to Robin Lehner, who estimated he made about 25-30 saves (shots weren't tracked in the game), and Corey Cowick, who scored two goals. Derek Grant also had a goal and an assist, while Andre Petersson scored on what was supposedly a pretty sick move.
It's more hockey, folks. Just enjoy it!
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team