Despite facing an onslaught to open the game, and a double minor to captain Shea Weber at the end of regulation that continued into overtime, the Montreal Canadiens survived a very tense game 4 and have brought us to where we are tonight. The Tampa Bay Lightning are on the verge of repeating as Stanley Cup champions, and they can do it at home in front of their fans. For the Habs, they’ll need to complete the greatest comeback in Finals history to pull this off. These play-offs have been anything but predictable in many ways, but now that we’ve reached the end we are faced with the possibility that the best team is going to win going away. Is there one last twist left? Or does the King stay the King?
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team