Although the draft won't begin until 7:00 p.m. tonight, the Senators still have plenty to talk about in the hours leading up to the big day. Meaning, of course, discussion: Do you want Dany Heatley to be traded? Where do you want him to be trade? What do you want back? When will the deal be done?
And then, of course, there's the actual draft, the actual big deal for the day. The Ottawa Senators are drafting ninth overall in the first round tonight, and will also have the following picks later on, pending wheeling and dealing from Bryan Murray:
- Round two, 39 overall
- Round two, 46 overall (from Columbus, with Pascal Leclaire for Antoine Vermette)
- Round four, 100 overall
- Round five, 130 overall
- Round five, 146 overall (from Boston via Phoenix, for Brian McGrattan)
- Round six, 160 overall
- Round seven, 190 overall
With eight draft picks, it'll be the busiest draft for the Senators since 2005. And wit ha disgruntled winger demanding a trade, it'll be busy in more ways than one.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team