FanPosts have been a key part of this website. It’s how readers get a chance to express their thoughts in a longer setting than a comment. It’s how most of us on staff got our start here on S7S. But there’s also been a dearth of them recently. Which is why we’re going to work harder as a blog to promote FanPosts — after all, how many scroll down on the right side of the page to check out the new posts?
First, we’ll be putting more FanPosts in the main story layout. This means that it will be easier to see FanPosts and to get your FanPosts seen.
Every month, we’ll have voting for the FanPost of the month. From the FanPosts that generated the most discussion, we’ll have a poll asking the readers to vote for which one they think was the best. This can be a fun bit of bragging rights.
Most importantly, at the end of the regular season we’ll have a vote for the FanPost of the Year. The writer of said post will win a $30 NHL store gift card. So not only will you have bragging rights, you’ll be able to buy yourself something by which to remember your bragging rights.
Sound good? Let us know in the comments, and then (hopefully) show us what you can do in the FanPost section!
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team