The Ottawa Senators announced today that they have cut down their training camp roster to only 33 players - three goaltenders, 10 defensemen and 20 forwards.
#Sens officially cut to 33 players. Goalie Chris Driedger sticks around to be No. 3.— Bruce Garrioch (@SunGarrioch) October 1, 2016
Players assigned to Binghamton: Andreas Englund (D), Ben Harpur (D), Macoy Erkamps (D), Patrick Sieloff (D), Casey Bailey (F), Ryan Rupert (F), Francis Perron (F), Vincent Dunn (F), Gabriel Gagné (F) and Matt O’Connor (G).
Players released from pro tryout, sent to Binghamton’s training camp: Vincent Arseneau, Chris Carlisle, Kyle Flanagan, Scott Greenham, Alex Loiseau, Louick Marcotte, Jack Rodewald, Alex Krushelnyski, Guillaume Lepine and Chris Rumble
Players placed on waivers: Zack Stortini.
The notable players still remaining at Senators training camp are as follows.
Forwards: Phil Varone, Tom Pyatt, Mike Blunden, Nick Paul, Matt Puempel, Ryan Dzingel, Max McCormick and Buddy Robinson.
Defensemen: Matt Bartkowski, Frederik Claesson, Thomas Chabot and Mike Kostka.
Goalies: Chris Driedger.
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team