Tuesday, Dec 8, 2009, 7:30 PM EST
Enemy: Habs Eyes On The Prize
The Senators host the Habs tonight at Scotiabank Place after finishing a 1-3-1 road trip with a win in Anaheim. The Sens have beaten the Habs the last three times they've met, and hope to keep that trend going tonight. Ottawa has been dominant at home this season, 6-0-1 in the last seven at Scotiabank Place. The starting goalies will be Brian Elliott and Jaroslav Halak. Here are some other players to watch out for (stats thanks to TSN):
- Alex Kovalev will look to shine against his former team. AK27 has three assists in the past three games, but only 2 shots on goal in the past five.
- Jason Spezza had a goal and an assist in the game on Sunday against the Ducks, and will hopefully improve upon his abnormally low point totals (3G, 17P in 26GP).
- Jonathan Cheechoo seemed to really find his game during the last road trip, and hopefully he can continue to shine on the ice at home.
- Nick Foligno has not stood out since being a healthy scratch a few games ago, and really needs to step up his play. Chris Campoli, on the other hand, has been great since returning to action after being scratched.
- Habs forward Mike Cammalleri has four goals in his last two games.
As always, join along in the comments before and after the puck drops.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team