After a long week of tough games for the Ottawa Senators and its fans, here are your Links, News and Notes to kick off your Monday!
- Marisa Ingemi has been doing a great job covering the NWHL for Sportsnet. The Toronto Six has posted four straight wins, bringing the newest franchise in the league to the top seed in their group - check out what happened on day 7 of the NWHL season. .
- The talk of the town since yesterday afternoon has been the waiving of New York Rangers blueliner Tony DeAngelo. After an alleged altercation with Alexandar Georgiev following an overtime loss to the Penguins on Saturday, and a myriad of other off ice issues, the Rangers are officially fed up with DeAngelo. Adam over at Blue Shirt Banter posted a piece yesterday about the situation and it’s quite the story, to say the least. All eyes will be on which NHL team, if any, gives DeAngelo another chance.
- For fans of the AHL, there is still no news on when the Belleville Senators will open up their season but a plan may be coming.
- I appeared on the Last Word on Sens podcast this weekend and if this isn’t the place to plug it, I don’t know what is. Alex Metzger and I went through the Sens lineup decisions, their use of analytics and what we can expect from the week ahead.
- Minnesota Wild first rounder Marco Rossi was announced out for the season due to COVID-19 complications. Rossi contracted the virus in November but it appears he’s still experiencing setbacks.
- Montreal Canadiens rearguard Victor Mete has asked for a trade. Mete joins Vince Dunn as an intriguing possible trade target for teams looking for defensive assistance. Sound like any team you know?/