The starter of the win streak, Mike "Not Martin" Brodeur, has been reassigned to the Binghmatonof the AHL. Mike's three games in the NHL were, of course, very memorable:
|2009 - Mike Brodeur||3||180||3||0||3||1.00||87||84||.966||1|
Mike's demotion comes because Pascal Leclaire has recovered from the concussion he suffered at practice on January 14th. Some had speculated that Leclaire might get an AHL conditioning stint to reach form while Elliott handles the starter role, but that's obviously not the case.
Ottawa has a double-header this week, playing Buffalo on Wednesday and then Vancouver on Thursday. No word yet on if Leclaire will see one of those starts, but it's always a possibility in a back-to-back.
It's a shame that Not Martin only got three starts at the NHL level, but he definitely made the most of the ones he got. Hopefully he can bring the same quality of play to the struggling B-Sens, who have lost 7 of their last 10 games and currently sit 14th in the Eastern Conference.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team