Trade deadline pick-up Matt Cullen has signed a three-year deal worth $3.5M/year with the Minnesota Wild. With the Gonchar signing taking up a huge chunk of the payroll, it comes as no surprise that Cullen goes elsewhere.
Although many will complain about the Senators trading
Alex Picard a draft pick and not retaining the player they traded for, Cullen an extremely valuable part of the Ottawa Senators' playoff series against Pittsburgh, a series that likely would not have reached six games if it was not for Cullen's efforts.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team