You all saw the footage. And if you haven’t, viewer discretion is advised.
After taking a seemingly mild slash from Sidney Crosby in tonight’s 2-1 shootout win over the Pittsburgh Penguins, Senators defenseman Marc Methot took off his glove to reveal his bloody finger. He left the game and did not return.
As per Guy Boucher’s post-game conference, Methot will be out for “weeks” in Ottawa’s final stretch towards the playoffs.
Marc Methot's finger is shattered and he's "out for weeks" #Sens— Bruce Garrioch (@SunGarrioch) March 24, 2017
Fredrik Claesson will likely draw into the lineup for Saturday’s game against Montreal, with Jyrki Jokipakka serving as the seventh defenseman.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team