LNN: Stützle talks living arrangements, Spezza on waivers, Jets back at practice, and more!
It’s the Monday edition of Links, News and Notes!
- Finally, there is actual hockey to talk about! If you’re looking for more game recaps, check out the Locked on Senators podcast or Sens Talk, who both already have podcasts up discussing the most recent games.
- This probably doesn’t mean much for the Sens, but the Leafs just placed Jason Spezza on waivers. Spezza has said that he’ll retire if someone claims him, so he’s probably staying in Toronto, but it would be really funny if the Sens claimed him just to make him retire as a Senator and deprive the Leafs of an affordable centerman. Mean, but funny.
- The Sens are set to play the Jets three times this week, and there was a little bit of uncertainty as to whether that might go ahead this weekend as the Jets cancelled their practice after a COVID scare. Good news, though: The Jets are back at practice and it looks like tomorrow’s game is a go!
- Some sad news: Kevin Caradonna, who designed the original Senators logo - as well as the mascot - passed away on January 11th. There was a really nice obituary in the Ottawa Citizen.
- The Canadian Tire Centre turned 25 this weekend, and Jeff Morris of The Hockey Writers is looking back at the 25 best moments in the arena.
- Looking for a new lockscreen? Sens Hour designed this!/
- He, Norris and Tkachuk have apparently been “talking a lot and having food together”
- Brady apparently “knows everything,” since he’s played two seasons in the NHL.
- Josh Norris is rumoured to be a good cook, but Tim is not convinced. So far they’ve mostly been eating takeout and making Brady’s girlfriend cook for them. I, for one, am shocked.
- While Norris does technically speak German, Stützle thinks it’s very funny that people are calling him “fluent.” Ouch.
- Patrick Woodbury has the best picture of the young season. It’s nice to have a shot of the exact moment the puck went in, but I’m especially fond of Colin White’s full reaction. /