Wasn't able to catch the Ottawa Senators rookie squad's second game in the Kitchener rookie tournament, but according to the team's release, the Sens rookies were edged 4-3 against the Boston Bruins prospects. Ottawa, by all accounts, controlled the play, outshooting the Bruins 50-25, but weren't able to get the win.
Keegan Dansereau scored his third goal in two games. Ottawa's Jason Bailey scored in the first period, while Mike Hoffman notched a short-handed marker in the third period. Shane Connelly tended goal for Ottawa and stopped 21 of 25 shots.
Ottawa's final game comes tomorrow at 7 p.m. against the Toronto Maple Leafs. It'll be on Rogers 22 in Ottawa.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team