Mike Hoffman has been on the radar of Sens fans for some time now. However, his strong performance against the Columbus Blue Jackets on Saturday night (one goal, one assist, a penalty shot, general awesomeness) led to many David Hasselhoff jokes and headlines, Silver Seven included. With so many Hoffman and Hasselhoff comparisons floating around, the real question is, can you tell them apart?
Take this quick quiz and find out!
1. Which Hoff is named Mike and has great wheels?
2. Which Hoff helped give birth to something in 1989?
3. Which Hoff has a connection to something or someone named Hobie?
4. Which Hoff had a beach corsi (all rescue attempts) of 67?
5. Which Hoff broke his collarbone, jeopardizing his swimming and career?
2. David Hasselhoff had a hit single in West Germany with "Looking For Freedom" which he performed from atop the Berlin Wall, which had already started to come down, on New Year's Eve, 1989. Mike Hoffman, on the other hand, was simply born in 1989. That jacket. That scarf. To think, this footage was almost lost.
3. David Hasselhoff's character on Baywatch, Mitch Buchannon had a son named Hobie. Mike Hoffman never won the Hobey Baker Award, nor did he ever play college hockey.
4. David Hasselhoff played Mitch Buchannon on Baywatch. Beach corsi is entirely made up. But Mitch will try and rescue anything, even a paper bag.
5. Mike Hoffman broke his collarbone before the AHL All-Star break in 2012-13 and re-injured it later in the season. Presumably it got in the way of his swimming.
Which Hoff do you like better?