Tonight's game will mark the return of Filip Kuba to the blueline, while the Senators try to compensate for the loss of physical defensive d-man Erik Karlsson, who was recently assigned to Binghamton. The other big roster move, of course, is that Ryan Shannon is hanging out in the press box while Shean Donovan will take his place, logging huge minutes as part of Ottawa's fourth line. Many fans are also wondering if Jason Spezza will finally get his first goal of the season, although fewer seem to be curious about when Milan Michalek's first assist will show up.
On the other side of the ice, the Florida Panthers are without key forwards Radek Dvorak and David Booth, but Steven Reinprecht has four goals in his last four games, so they've got that goin' for them, which is nice.
Florida won the 2008-09 season series 3-1-0, and also beat Ottawa twice in the pre-season. It should be noted, however, that both of those stats mean absolutely nothing, and were inserted to fill space.
As always, feel free to join in on the fun in the comments during the game, and, ahem, "Go Sens Go!"
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team