This will probably be the hardest game of the year to figure out what to cheer for. A win will almost certainly move the Senators to the back end of the top five, but a loss will mean having to listen to insufferable Montreal fans singing in our building. It's bad enough that the team moved Fan Appreciation night because of them. I don't want them to enjoy a victory also. The Habs appear to be taking the Sens lightly, as rarely-used backup (and former Senator) Alex Auld gets the start in goal tonight. This insult makes me want to win that much more badly. Besides Auld, who will I be watching tonight?
- Craig Anderson - If he wins tonight and in Ottawa's last game, he will have 12 wins to Brian Elliott's 13. Elliott will have started 20 more games than Anderson.
- Jason Spezza - Coming off a four-point game, there's not much mystery why.
- Filip Kuba - Followed up a bad (and by bad, I mean horrendous) game against Toronto with a great game against Philadelphia. He was booed after that game while giving his game-worn jersey to a fan. How will he respond? His body language is going to say a lot about how next season will go.
- Tomas Plekanec - Last time these teams played, he led the way for the Canadiens with two goals and an assist in a 7-1 win. Interesting note: Despite playing in playing in 15 more games than Jason Spezza, Plekanec only has two more points.
- Chris Kelly - Had the only goal the last time these teams played. Wait, what? Kelly isn't on the team anymore? He must have been a "bad guy", then.
As always, your presence is required in the comments section, where we will come up with crazy scenarios for the Senators somehow getting the first overall pick and then immediately trading it.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team