The Ottawa Senators and Philadelphia Flyers hit the ice tonight for the final time this season. Both teams are struggling in their previous five games, especially the Flyers, who are 1-3-1 in that span (Ottawa is 2-1-2). The Flyers will be looking at Ottawa as a good opportunity to get themselves back on a winning note before they head into the playoffs as one of the top seeds in the Eastern Conference, while Ottawa will once again look to play spoiler.
Some players I'll be watching tonight:
- Jason Spezza: Has the team lead in scoring all to himself now, and he's one goal away from being the Sens' only 20-goal scorer. He has 16P (7G and 9A) in his last 12GP.
- Nick Foligno: One of only two players to have skated in all 79GP this year, and third on the team in scoring. Needs to really step up and make a good impression to finish the season, or he might be on the trading block this off-season.
- Nikolay Zherdev: Sadly, one of the top free agents for this summer, and someone the Sens might possibly perhaps have some interest in signing. Is on a two-game point-scoring streak.
- Claude Giroux: I was surprised to see that Giroux is the leading scorer on the Flyers team. And he's only got 74P this season. That's some damn respectable scoring depth.
Join us here tonight as we watch the Senators play out the string. We can make some playoff predictions, too!
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team