There are two main things to know about tonight's game:
- If the Senators get a single point, then they secure the 5th playoff seed in the East.
- It is Daniel Alfredsson's 1000th game (our coverage can be found here)
The Senators are coming off of a disappointing 4-1 loss to the New York Islanders where they showed very little effort, so let's hope the team has a bit more of a jump in their step tonight. The game is against the already-eliminated-from-the-playoffs Florida Panthers, which means that if the Senators lose, critics will say, "Senators should have been ready -- the Panthers had nothing to lose." However, if the Senators win, the same critics will say, "Of course they won -- the Panthers had nothing to win!"
The Senators lead the season series 2-1. Time to make it 3-1, methinks.
Be sure to join in on the conversation in the comments before and after the puck drops!
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team