The Ottawa Senators take on the Montreal Canadiens tonight, their second game in as many nights. Ottawa won their last game, Montreal lost most recently, and with a win the Sens would draw even with Montreal in the standings. Some things to watch for tonight:
- Daniel Alfredsson scored his 1,000th point in a hat trick last game, has six points over his last three games, and eight points in seven games on the season. He'll try to extend his streak to four games tonight.
- Brian Lee is out tonight, Zack Smith was called up and steps back in to the lineup.
- Although Brian Elliott is 2-2 tonight, his numbers are gawdawful: .888 SP, 3.84 GAA. Can he do any better?
- How will Ottawa respond to the speedy Montreal forwards? Will Chris Phillips, who had his best game of the season last night, be exposed? How about David Hale?
Puck drop is 7 p.m. tonight. Be here for all the fun. Lines after the jump.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team