Two days after clinching a playoff berth, the Ottawa Senators are playing out their schedule tonight in New York against the Islanders. Don't expect the Sens to take it easy, though; it sure sounds like they're going to try and keep rolling to extend their six-game winning streak right into the playoffs.
Some amaz-az-ing streaks to look at:
- Although Daniel Alfredsson saw his point-scoring streak end against the Hurricanes, he's still got 14P in his last nine games.
- Jason Spezza's got 11P in his last four games.
- Peter Regin has seven points during his current six-game point-scoring streak.
- Erik Karlsson has eight points in four games.
And some other game notes:
- Check out the Citizen's prediction panel; Ian Mendes is predicting a letdown, everyone else thinks the Sens will take it.
- The Ballad of Rookie Bobby continues, with Bobby Butler getting his second NHL game. Lines are the same as last game.
As always, dive into the GameThread tonight and talk about the game (or whatever) in the comments. (Admins might not be around for the whole game, but try not to trash the place, okay?)
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team