The Ottawa Senators end their road trip against the Florida Panthers in Sunrise this evening in what's being billed (by me) as The Battle for Twenty-Eighth Place. Despite assertions from the Panthers, Daniel Alfredsson will not be playing.
Some players I'll be watching tonight:
- Craig Anderson: Playing (one of) his old team(s) once again, Anderson had a great game last time he played the Panthers.
- Tomas Vokoun: Probably pissed once again about missing the playoffs, and since he's entering unrestricted free agency, he's trying to improve his chances of signing with a contender (assuming he doesn't want to continue toiling for the Panthers).
- Jason Spezza: Six points (1G, 5A) in his last five games, and making a push to get on Team Canada for this summer's IIHF World Championships. He's also just two points away from 50 on the year, and nine away from getting to a point-per-game average.
- Dmitry Kulikov: I just like watching this kid. He had a good start to his rookie season, but has sort of fallen under the radar in Florida since then. Still, he's a big kid with decent offensive potential, and after a few seasons in the league, I could see him stepping into the upper echelon of defencemen. So I'll be watching him, at least.
Join us here to chat about the game and Stephane Da Costa and whatever else!
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team