The Ottawa Senators, in the midst of a 3 game win streak, look to help solidify their playoff spot while crushing Florida's dreams of making the postseason. The Panthers have 71 points and sit in 12th place, 7 points behind 8th place Boston. The two teams are tied in the season series 1-1.
Who will I be watching tonight?
- Peter Regin - in the three games since moving to the top line with Jason Spezza and Daniel Alfredsson, he's scored two goals and added an assist. Regin needs to keep up his strong play in the wake of Milan Michalek's injury.
- Chris Kelly - Kelly has two goals and an assist in the past two games, and his line with Jarkko Ruutu and Chris Neil needs to continue to be a physical and goalscoring threat.
- Zack Smith - since being called up by the Senators, Smith has played great hockey, but has yet to get a point. Let's see if he can get one tonight.
- Brian Elliott - it's his second game in two nights, so fatigue could very well be a factor. He made 41 saves last night for a win, hopefully he can put forward a similar performance tonight.
As always, join in on the fun in the comments before and after the puck drops!
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team