After taking down the New York Rangers in a shootout last night, the Ottawa Senators are back at home and taking on the Washington Capitals in their fourth-last game at Scotiabank Place this season. The Sens are running along at a good club, with six wins in ten games, but the Capitals have nine over the same span and are the hottest team in the league right now. It should be some stiff competition for the Senators.
Some players I'll be watching tonight:
- Milan Michalek: Returns to the lineup tonight after an Alfredssonian recovery from his injury, but how will Mickey do? Will he take as long to re-gain his speed as he did after his off-season injury?
- Jason Spezza: Bro was held off the scoresheet last game. My money's on him not being held scoreless again.
- Alexander Semin: Always a Sens killer. Oh, and look! He's only got two points (both assists) in the last six games. /slumpbusted
- Brooks Laich: One-time Ottawa Senators prospect, and an impending UFA for the off-season. Plus he's just a good guy, it seems.
Hop in to the comments to get chat all about the game tonight, and mention how amazing it is that you can hear me start Go Sens Go! chants on the TV.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team