The Ottawa Senators will look to get back to winning ways when they host the New Jersey Devils tonight. Having gone 3-0-2, the Senators dropped a 3-1 decision to Toronto on Saturday. Tonight's game will conclude a three-game homestand after which five of the remaining eight games are on the road.
More after the jump.
Here are some topics for tonight:
- Continue the strong play: I didn't find too much lacking in the play or the effort against Toronto. Ottawa badly outchanced the Leafs, but couldn't score on the power play or any of the other chances. Still, I would be happy with a similar effort and better finishing.
- Spezza/Gilroy return: Jason Spezza was at a friend's funeral yesterday while Matt Gilroy was at a family member's wake. Could that explain the less than impressive games from these two? It will also be Spezza's 600th career game.
- Konopka back in: With Zenon Konopka back in the lineup, I look forward to seeing none of our players being on the receiving end of hits. Because that's what goons do right, Ottawa Sun?
- Power play: Getting the power play on track won't be easy against the league's #3 penalty killing unit. The Devils also lead the NHL with 14 shorthanded goals.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team