After playing in Ottawa last night, the Sens took to the air for a game in New York City tonight against the Rangers. Should we hold our breath for a playoff spot? Probably not, but a win tonight would go a long way in bringing such a thing into the realm of possibility.
On the plus side, the Rangers played last night, too, so--although they won't have had to travel--they won't be sitting at home waiting for the Senators. Plus Ottawa played a well-rounded game, ice-time wise, against the Islanders last night, so there should still be something left in the tank. It remains to be seen if Mike Comrie, who was expected to return last night from his bout with influenza, will play tonight.
Both teams are on winning streaks, the Rangers' is at three and Ottawa's at four. So one will have to end tonight. Ottawa is 1-1-1 against New York this season.
Game starts at 7, game thread starts at 5.
Will we see any Jarkko Ruutu -Sean Avery fireworks? If Ruutu plays like this, we just might:
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team