The Senators are back at it Saturday afternoon to take on their brothers in the Western Conference, the Dallas Stars. A couple of pretty good teams through the 2000s who missed the playoffs last season and are struggling after the Olympic break trying to get momentum--in the Senators' case, to stay in the playoffs; in the Stars' case, trying to get in.
Some things I'll be looking for tonight:
- This should be Pascal Leclaire's opportunity to ease some minds in this city, and string a few good games together. Whether due to poor play or injury, Leclaire hasn't won more than two consecutive games all season, and he'd like to get started on a longer streak tonight.
- Alex Kovalev doesn't have any points since the Olympics. Will he show up?
As always, join us in the comments for some live, delightful afternoon hockey. Afternoon delight, if you will.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team