Game 71 Preview and Open Thread: Ottawa Senators @ Los Angeles Kings
It’s a California back-to-back.
In a quick turnaround following a 5-2 loss to the Anaheim Ducks last night, the Ottawa Senators (25-33-12) will look to close out their California road trip with a winning record, taking on the Los Angeles Kings (28-35-6).
While Ottawa saw a rare two-game win streak(?) halted by the Ducks, the Kings haven’t lost in six straight. That includes wins over the Colorado Avalanche, Toronto Maple Leafs, and Vegas Golden Knights, somehow.
With no morning skate today, it stands to reason that the Sens lineup will remain the same for the third consecutive contest. With Marcus Hogberg playing last night, and getting shelled in the process, expect Craig Anderson to start between the pipes.
Balcers - Tierney - Brown
Duclair - Paul - Hawryluk
Boedker - Peca - Sabourin
Chabot - Hainsey
Reilly - Zaitsev
Wolanin - Englund
- This is the final meeting between these two for the season. Ottawa got the best of LA on November 7th, on the back of a J.G. Pageau overtime winner.
- These two teams are currently tied for second-last in the NHL, with 62 points, and the Kings have a game in hand. This is a huge night for #TeamTank.
- Colin White tallied a goal and assist against the Ducks, and both were pretty. He now has seven points in his last eight games, and it appears his game is rounding back into form. Who could have predicted this?
- After going seven games without a goal, Brady Tkachuk now has three in his last four. He’s shooting an average of 24% per game during that time. The kid is HOT.
- Puck drop is scheduled for 10:30pmET, and you can catch this one on TSN5, RDS, and ESPN+, as well as FS-W for our friends south of the border. As always, Dean Brown and Gord Wilson will have the call on TSN1200./
Here are some stats, courtesy of NHL.com, and NaturalStatTrick.com:
|Goals||Anthony Duclair||23||Anze Kopitar||21|
|Assists||Thomas Chabot||33||Anze Kopitar||41|
|Points||Brady Tkachuk||43||Anze Kopitar||62|
|Shots||Brady Tkachuk||258||Jeff Carter||182|
|TOI/GP||Thomas Chabot||26:02||Drew Doughty||25:51|
|Penalty Kill %||76.1||26th||77.1||26th|
|Corsi % (5v5, Score and Venue Adjusted)||48.25||26th||53.13||4th|
|xGF% (5v5, SVA)||49.74||19th||51.94||8th|