Well, the Senators have played themselves back into a pressure-filled situation. Our "must-win" watch is at Defcon 2, with the team being told they have to play "with urgency." Yikes.
Mike Fisher will also miss tonight's game with an upper-body injury. Yikes.
In the last meeting of these teams, Toronto dominated a flu-ravaged team and won in the shootout, 2-1. The team only gained a point because of the play of Pascal Leclaire. Yikes.
Now, some good news:
Nick Foligno returns to the team tonight. Foligno's gritty style of play has been sorely missed by this team, especially against recent Western Conference opponents. Foligno also tends to score goals in his first game back, and goals are something the Sens need. Yay!
This is one of Ottawa's last home games before the playoffs, and they were humiliated in their last outing. Look for them to come out flying in this game -- a win tonight will really alleviate some of the pressure they've created for themselves.
And, as always, you are invited to join us in the comments section -- we can't be awesome without you!
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team