Coming off four days of rest, the Senators will visit the Stars for their first game stateside in over a year-and-a-half. Since defeating the Stars on the 17th, the Sens have thrice clutched defeat from the jaws of victory in frustrating fashion on home ice so maybe some time on the road will cure what ails this team spiritually. The Stars meanwhile have gone 2-1-1 with three overtime decisions since visiting Ottawa earlier this month. Something’s gotta give in this match-up as Ottawa has the better offensive numbers this season while Dallas has played better defensively (stats below).
Ottawa rolled these lines and pairs at practice yesterday and did not confirm a starting goaltender:
Thursday practice lines:— TSN 1200 (@TSN1200) October 28, 2021
Tkachuk Norris Batherson
Stützle Paul CBrown
Formenton Tierney Ennis
Sanford Gambrell Shaw
Xxxxxxx. Xxxxxxx Sabourin
Xxxxxxx. Xxxxxxx Watson
The stars meanwhile practiced with these lines and pairs, and Rick Bowness has also not confirmed a starting goaltender as of the time of writing this:
Stars lines in practice (10/28):— Saad Yousuf (@SaadYousuf126) October 28, 2021
Robertson — Hintz — Pavelski
Gurianov — Kero — Radulov
Kiviranta — Seguin — Glendening
Raffl — Faksa — Comeau
Suter — Klingberg
Lindell — Heiskanen
Sekera — Hakanpaa
No Jamie Benn at practice.
- Score effects really took over last game as Ottawa established their lead over Dallas with plenty of time left on the clock. Let’s hope Ottawa doesn’t get into too much of a habit of turtling again this season.
- According to DJ Smith, Austin Watson could return to the ice for this road trip while Matt Murray remains out with injury.
- Despite missing yesterday’s practice, the Stars expect Jamie Benn to play.
- We don’t know who will start in net for Dallas but it bears mentioning that Anton Khudobin (who started on Wednesday for the Stars (and started the last game against Ottawa)) has a career 93.2 save percentage against Ottawa. Braden Holtby has a lifetime 93.4 save percentage against the Senators.
- Ottawa’s special teams really thrived last time against Dallas with two powerplay goals and no goals conceded on the penalty kill. Ottawa’s penalty kill has started to suffer since so let’s see if they can rectify that against a team that struggles to generate a lot of offence.
- Most notably for Ottawa, since the last time these two teams played, Brady Tkachuk has joined the team, and Shane Pinto has joined fellow centre Colin White on the injured reserve.
- Dylan Gambrell should make his Senators debut tonight after Pierre Dorion acquired the centre from San Jose on Sunday.
- Of note for Dallas, Jason Robertson and John Klingberg have joined the Stars since that last game on the 17th so Ottawa will face a Stars team with a bit more depth both up front and on defence.
- Go Sens Go./
Where to watch: RDS, TSN5, TSN1200 @ 8:30PMEST
|Goals||Tierney, Batherson||4||Heiskanen, Seguin, Raffl, Glendening||2|
|Assists||Connor Brown||4||Miro Heiskanen||5|
|Points||Drake Batherson||6||Miro Heiskanen||7|
|Shots||Nick Paul||22||Tyler Seguin||21|
|TOI||Thomas Chabot||27:24||Miro Heiskanen||25:55|