The Senators start their road trip to Western Canada with a game against the cellar dwelling Edmonton Oilers. The Sens have not won a game since the Olympic break, so this seems like a good opportunity for the Senators to get back into a winning groove. Despite Edmonton's record and their long list of injuries, it won't be a cakewalk: Edmonton is currently riding a two-game winning streak which includes a win on Sunday against the New Jersey Devils.
Brian Elliott gets the start in net tonight, while Peter Regin and Daniel Alfredsson return to action after missing last game with the flu. Shean Donovan will sit out of tonight's game, with the lines looking something like this:
- Brian Lee - he just signed a two-year deal, so eyes will be on Lee to show that he's worth the reported one-way contract.
- Matt Cullen - Cullen has improved every game he's played with the Senators so far, and although I feel his skill is wasted playing with Kelly and Neil, I'm sure Clouston will juggle lines to find him some offensive talent to work with after a few shifts.
- Andy Sutton - The other newcomer has also been very solid on the blueline, and I'm sure he'll be good for a few shot blocks and a big hit or two.
- Brian Elliott - Pascal Leclaire played terrific in his last start, so the pressure is on Elliott to show that he should be the number one goalie going forward.
- Jason Spezza - Going into the Olympic break, he had 12 goals in 13 games. He's had two assists but no goals since returning.
- Anton Volchenkov - the A-Train has been off his game since the Olympic break, so here's hoping he starts to play like the Anton we all know and love.
As always, join in the comments during the game for good times.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team