The Ottawa Senators will look to improve their slim playoff chances when they visit Montréal to take on the Canadiens. The Senators are a disappointing 2-3-1 since the Olympic break and with 17 games to go, they will have to go on a tear to get in the playoffs.
Greening - Smith - Neil
MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
Michalek - Spezza - Hemsky
Hoffman - Zibanejad - Condra
Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - Gryba
Phillips - Ceci
Some notes for tonight:
- Got to win 'em all. Or most of them. A regulation win tonight would leave the Sens seven points behind the Habs with two games in hand.
- Robin Lehner makes his first start since that disastrous game against Detroit after the Olympic break. He was pretty good against Nashville though.
- Eric Gryba will probably play every game against the Canadiens. Patrick Wiercioch continues to be inexplicably scratched.
- Jason Spezza and Ales Hemsky continue to light some mups. Hemsky has six assists in three games with Ottawa.
- With Clarke MacArthur back, it will be interesting to see Paul MacLean utilises the Hoffman - Zibanejad - Condra line which has the potential to be very good if given the chance by the coach.
- Jared Cowen has scored in two straight games!
- Carey Price will play his first game since winning the gold medal against Erik Karlsson and Sweden.
Here are some stats leaders for the two teams tonight.
|Goals||Bobby Ryan||22||Max Pacioretty||30|
|Assists||Erik Karlsson||41||P.K. Subban||35|
|Points||Erik Karlsson||58||P.K. Subban||45|
|Shots||Erik Karlsson||207||Max Pacioretty||216|
|Average Ice time||Erik Karlsson||27:18||Andrei Markov||25:08|
|Corsi Close %||51.8%||9th||47.2%||26th|
|Fenwick Close %||50.6%||14th||48.2%||24th|