I've eaten my Tim Horton's Ottawa Senators gameday doughnut (although it was red sprinkles only, not black-red-white), and now I'm ready to watch the Sens take on the Devils tonight. The Devils who, by the way, are the league's hottest team, blazing their way up the standings and working against all odds on making a playoff spot. The Sens are a bit hotter now than they were just a month ago, but still, not nearly as scorching as New Jersey.
Some players I'll be watching tonight:
- Ilya Kovalchuk: Hottest guy in the league. Everyone will be watching him, intentionally or not.
- Craig Anderson: It will be hard to watch Anderson while trying to avoid looking at his gawdawful new mask, but I'd like to see how he bounces back from his first iffy game last time out.
- Anton Volchenkov: Android is suiting up against his former team again tonight. I'm curious to see what impact, if any, he has on the end result tonight.
- Chris Phillips: Will likely be tasked with shutting down Kovalchuk tonight. His game has improved since signing an extension last month, but can he contain the league's hottest shooter?
Join us right here tonight to watch the game and talk all about it.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team