Hot off a 3-1 victory over the Atlanta Thrashers and winners of 4 of their last 6, the Ottawa Senators face off against the New York Rangers tonight. In goal for the Senators will be Craig Anderson, even though a win tonight is bad for two reasons: (1) with each Senators win, their position in the draft drops, and (2) the Rangers are one of the teams standing in the way of the Leafs making the playoffs. I say the Senators lose this one for the Gipper.
Who will I be watching tonight?
- Bobby Butler: he had an excellent snipe last night against Atlanta, will he be able to do it again tonight?
- Henrik Lundqvist: Lundqvist is a regular Sens Killer when these two teams meet. He's also starting tonight on my fantasy hockey team.
- Colin Greening: Greening got his first NHL goal last night on a lucky deflection. Can he make it two tonight?
- Marek Svatos & Ryan Potulny - neither of these new additions to the Ottawa Senators have points yet with their new team. It would be nice to see them hit the scoresheet.
As always, join us in the comments for scholarly debates about the game.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team