He's back, everyone! Martin Gerber is back! I say we give him a welcome as warm as that we gave Patrick Lalime on Saturday night. (EDIT: Damn, apparently he'll be backup tonight. At least he'll be used to it, even if it'll be the other bench.)
Seriously, though, isn't this the most messed up situation we could have imagined for Gerber? I would have been less surprised if he had been demoted to Elmira of the ECHL. I would have been less surprised if he was traded to Calgary for a fourth-round draft pick. I would have been less surprised if he got in a fight with Binghamton's equipment manager after he was offered a baseball cap. So messed up.
That picture, though, is almost rewarding. I hope he keeps his Sens mask and equipment all season long.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team