Tuesday, Mar 2, 2010, 7:30 PM EST
Enemy: Blueshirt Banter
Oh, hello there. We now return you to your regularly scheduled NHL games. Previously on the Ottawa Senators 2009-10 season:
- Dany Heatley was traded. Alex Kovalev and Milan Michalek (and Jonathan Cheechoo, kinda) were brought in to replace him. Kovalev was lazy but now is not. Michalek was scorching hot, but now is not.
- Pascal Leclaire was good, and then was hurt. Brian Elliott was not good and things were looking grim. Not Martin came in and was awesome. Ottawa was awesome again. Elliott stole Not Martin's Jobu idol and now is awesome. Everything is awesome.
- Pascal Leclaire's blood feud with Mike Fisher boiled over as Fisher hit him in the face with two pucks, injuring him both times. But now, Fisher has amnesia and doesn't remember. And what will happen when the team discovers the truth about Stealth Elliott?
- Bryan Murray's enforcer Cory Clouston continues to execute "The Plan." What is "The Plan?" No one knows, except that it involves circles.
- Daniel Alfredsson, Milan Michalek, Anton Volchenkov, and Filip Kuba discovered golden tickets that allowed them to attend a secret, full contact event held every four years called the
KumiteOlympics. Jason Spezza had discovered the fifth and final ticket, but it was stolen from him by villain Jarkko Ruutu.
There are just nineteen games remaining until the Sens find out if they are in the invitiation-only tournament known as the "Playoffs." Can this ragtag bunch come together as a team in time? Find out, starting tonight, on As The Senators Turn!
As always, you are invited to discuss the white-knuckle drama with us in the comments... if you can handle it.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team