WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Second-last game before the Olympic break, and we get to see a couple of guys make their Senators debuts: Matt Cullen will wear jersey number 7, and Derek Smith will suit up as 51. Brian Lee is also back up with the big club, and--judging by some comments made by GM Bryan Murray--might stay with Ottawa for the rest of the season.
Some notes for tonight's game:
- Cullen will play centre between Peter Regin and Alex Kovalev on Ottawa's "second" line, at least to start the game. Lines look like this: Michalek-Spezza-Shannon; Regin-Cullen-Kovalev; Kelly-Fisher-Alfredsson; Ruutu-Winchester-Neil.
- Smith is expected to play on the Senators' third pairing with Matt Carkner; I think they played together in Binghamton like that last year, so hopefully there's some existing chemistry. Lee should line up with Filip Kuba, while our top duo remains Anton Volchenkov and Chris Phillips.
- Brian Elliott gets the start again, and hopes to continue his outstanding play during his current 13-1 run.
- Great morning post on Winging It In Motown about what's going on in Wings land, check that out for a scouting report on tonight's opposition.
As always, join us in the live GDT for some good times.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team